AGM Minutes March 2018 click here
Posted (Mar 2018)
Elected contacts as at 28th March 2018:
|If you have any queries please contact the correct email below:|
|Tournament Organiser||Margaret Campbell||Tournaments@highlandbadmintongroup.co.uk|
Coach & Development Secretary
|Child Protection Office||Margaret Campbell||Squad@highlandbadmintongroup.co.uk|
Trevor Geddess representing Moray area
Ian Campbell representing Inverness Area
Eion Ballantine representing Orkney Area
Marion McCoustra representing Caithness Area
Jane Grant - Badminton Scotland RDO
Monthly Meeting Agenda
- Welcome and apologies for absence
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Action item update
- Planning for current/upcoming season
- Coaching sessions
- Other events
- Member duties
- Coaching convener
- Child protection
- Date and time of next meeting
Child Protection - HBG Margaret Campbell (May 2017)
(posted 14th Dec 2016)
In light of recent media attention, we are aware that clubs may have increased anxiety about child protection. If this is the case, you can contact Lyndsay Morrison, Coaching and Development Manager, or Sharon MacKechnie, Child Protection Lead Officer on 0141 445 1218. You can also get in touch with Safeguarding in Sport at 0141 419 1156 for advice, guidance, and help.
Our advice to clubs with junior members would be to ensure that you have:
- A named contact for the co-ordination of child protection, with a role description, who has attended recommended training
- A Child Protection Policy which reflects national guidelines, adopted by the Board / Executive / Management Committee.
- A Code of Conduct for working with children and young people.
- A variety of child protection training offered at appropriate levels for those working or volunteering with children and young people in sport.
- A procedure for the recruitment and selection of those who work with children and young people, including access to PVG Scheme Membership checks.
- A procedure for responding to concerns about the welfare or abuse of a child- within or out with sport.
- A disciplinary procedure for managing concerns and allegations of poor practice, misconduct and child abuse and includes provision for referrals to the Children’s List.
A procedure for reviewing the management of concerns about poor practice, misconduct and / or child abuse.
If somebody raises child protection concerns in relation to a coach / volunteer who is currently practicing, then you should follow your ‘Responding to Concerns’ procedure. If it is a historical allegation, then you should follow the same procedure and signpost the individual to Police Scotland on ‘101’. If you have a concern about a child’s immediate safety, then this should be passed on to Police or Social Work.